Wednesday 8 July 2009

Irish phrases

Are there man-eating sheep in this area?

An bhfil aon caoire a itheann daoine san ait seo ?

Could you lend me a whip? My pony is too slow.

Tá an capall seo ro-mall caithfidh me sprioc a thabhairt do

I have a pain in my arse

Tá pian i mo thoinn

Call your sheep off!

Coimead na caoire sin uaim








Why yes, I would be most interested in seeing your prizewinning herd

of cattle!

Tá suim mhór agam i do chuid boanna, (chuala me gor bhuaidh siad duaiseanna)


2 comments:

  1. Okay, I give up. What in the world does "Are there man-eating sheep in this arena" mean? I tried to figure it out, but I am completely confused.

    ReplyDelete
  2. .....Aaaand I feel dumb. I just read the rest of the posts and realized it's all tongue-in-cheek. :P Thanks for the laugh!

    ReplyDelete